MichaelAnn does not regulate her body temperature adequately.
Does NOT sweat adequately!
- Watch for overheating!
- She will get fussy, her face and body will get red.
- She needs to get cooled off. Bring her in if she is outside. She also has a mister with cool water that you would mist her off with. (Remember to bring the mister with you when going out.)
- If she is unresponsive, get her cooled off as soon as possible.
- Take her to the emergency room or call an ambulance if she does not become responsive in a couple of minutes.
ALLERGIES: Penicillin, seasonal, cats
MichaelAnn may not cry if she hurts herself or doesn't feel well, she has a very high pain tolerance.
- She does have a delayed cry.
One Type of Seizure:
- Typically look like: Blank stare. She will usually do a slow rocking movement, with muscle stiffness and fall backward if no back support. Can still have some movement (e.g. hand wringing, playing with beads) during seizure. Usually takes a deep breath after and can also be excited or happy after the seizure. Last 5 - 30 seconds.
- What to do: Make sure she will not hit something if she is falling backward. Can talk to her an let her know it will be okay. Document in her seizure log.
- These can occur daily and many times in a day.
Another Type of Seizure:
- Similar to above seizure but a bit more "severe". Her arms usually go up. She can have more muscle stiffness, it last a little longer and her lips may turn blue. She is not excited or happy after the seizure.
- She may be tired after this seizure and need to rest.
MichaelAnn has had other seizures in the past (Complex Partial, Status, Myoclonic) but it has been more than a year since any of these occurred.
Let parents know as soon as possible if you think that she is having any other type of seizure other than the above.
- MichaelAnn has very fair skin. She use to get a lot of rashes and/or red bumps due to her fair skin. Her doctor usually checks these to make sure it isn't a virus. Inform parents of any new rashes.
- Needs to wear sunscreen due to fair skin and the medications she's taking.
- MichaelAnn gets a lot of bruises on her knees & legs from crawling over her beads. Be sure to monitor these.
- Needs to wear sunglasses over her glasses on sunny/bright days and when riding in vehicles on sunny/bright days.
- MichaelAnn's glasses are transition but she needs the extra protection outside and transition glasses do not work in vehicles.
Repetitive Hand Movements and Hand Mouthing
- MichaelAnn hand mouths and does "hand washing" activities most of the day when not playing with her beads.
- She may get calluses or sores on her hands and/or knuckles from hand mouthing. Let parents know if you see this.
- MichaelAnn gets sick a lot because of the hand mouthing that she does.
- Do frequent washing of her hands and cleaning of her toys/items.
Post a Comment